Kyler M

New rod

Hey ya'll I need some help. I am looking for a new spinnerbait and chatterbait rod because the one I am using now just loads up way to much on a straight retrieve no matter the size of the bait. Right now I am using a 7' Medium Heavy fast action 13 fishing Defy black, and I normally throw 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2oz spinnerbaits and 3/8 & 1/2oz Jackhammers. What do you all recommend? I would prefer a Duckett rod because they are not only one of my sponsors but my best sponsors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you're interested in information about a new fishing rod, there are various factors to consider when choosing the right one. Here are some key considerations:

Type of Fishing: Different fishing rods are designed for specific types of fishing, such as freshwater or saltwater fishing, fly fishing, ice fishing, etc. Choose a rod that suits the type of fishing you plan to do.

Rod Material: Fishing rods are commonly made of materials like fiberglass, graphite, or a combination of both. Each material has its own advantages. Graphite rods are generally more sensitive, while fiberglass rods tend to be more durable.

Power and Action: Power refers to the rod's strength, and it's often classified as light, medium, or heavy. Action refers to where the rod bends. It can be fast, medium, or slow. The combination of power and action determines how a rod performs in different situations.

Length: The length of the rod affects casting distance, leverage, and the ability to handle different types of lures. Longer rods generally cast farther, while shorter rods offer more accuracy.

Handle and Grip: Consider the type of handle and grip that feels comfortable for you. Handles can be made of cork, foam, or other materials. The grip style (split grip or full grip) is also a personal preference.

Reel Seat: Ensure that the rod has a suitable reel seat to accommodate the type and size of the fishing reel you plan to use.

Budget: Fishing rods come in a wide range of prices. Determine your budget and look for a rod that offers good value for money.

If you have specific preferences or requirements, feel free to provide more details, and I can offer more tailored recommendations.