Jig Man

Disappearing chartreuse

I am working on some laminates, green pumpkin/chartreuse and coppertruse.  My chartreuse is more or less fading to green.  I want it to be brighter but not too sure how to go about it.  My chartreuse is translucent.  Would a different type be better?    Suggestions....

E82AE64E-035F-44C1-B24C-BA0F7656D936.jpeg

Edited by Jig Man
  • Like 1

I use m and f Chartreuse non-bleed for a summer-craw laminate I use a lot. It is a pretty opaque chartreuse, I have to use quite a bit to really get it to contrast well against a dark color.I agree with adding some white it should help . I went through a lot of brands before I settled on it for that reason.

Quick question on Chartreuses/Fluorescents -

Why do these need to be added prior to heating?  I don't use them a ton and I understand you need to add it prior to heating... but WHY?  Anyone know the actual reason those need to be used in this manner compared to nearly every other color/powder.... other than if you don't they don't work? LOL!

Also - has anyone added more colorant to a batch (to add more saturation) if your light on the amount of drops to start with with any success?  

Last time I used a fluorescent color (green) I managed to like what I got right off the bat (drops in prior to heating)... but in the past made the mistake of heating first then trying to add drops - found myself dumping WAY WAY more colorant in than it should have taken and only had minimal change/result, which is sort of why I stay away from using those type colors.... 

Anyone have a process of adjusting the color once it's heated?  Heat another small batch with a ton of color and add/mix it in??  There has to be a way to adjust once it's heated other than trail an error... hopefully!???!!!

Thanks.

J.

14 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Al, what makes some chartreuse bleed?

I wish I knew.  I just know that when I changed to non-bleed, problem solved.  I'm guessing similar problems with most if not all fluorescents. 

I had made a 1000 fluke order at one time with the belly being pearl and the body chartreuse.  By the time the customer received them, they were all chartreuse.  DOH!  Bit the bullet and remade them with non-bleed.  Done deal. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, alsworms said:

I wish I knew.  I just know that when I changed to non-bleed, problem solved.  I'm guessing similar problems with most if not all fluorescents. 

I had made a 1000 fluke order at one time with the belly being pearl and the body chartreuse.  By the time the customer received them, they were all chartreuse.  DOH!  Bit the bullet and remade them with non-bleed.  Done deal. 

Barry Ng once told me he had figured out how to keep that from happening, but he never told me how...  LOL

• Haha 1