FishFun

What type of hard material can be embadded in Plastisol bait?

Hi all, I am going to make tear-proof-head soft baits like old Manns Hard Nose worm series. Anyone remember Hardnose?

My question is, what type of material could be embadded with Plastisol without melting or dissolve over long enough time during storage period.

I know some type of hard plastics will melt when put together long period of time. What material is actually "Worm proof"? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The first "Hard Head  type worms were made by Bagley's in the 70's . Mann's came out with their hard head series years later . I believe both of these designs simply used a tougher plastic formulations for the head (such as saltwater plastic) and softer plastic for the body and tail . One type of plastic that is impervious to melting when exposed to plastic baits is plastic cable and wire ties (zip ties) if that will work for your project . Nylon tubing also 

Edited by jigmeister
addition

Good question, and not an easy one for sure.  I know that the old plastic in fishing boxes would melt from soft plastic worms, like back in the 60's and 70's  but I am not even sure if the Plastisol we use now is the same material.

I would add to Jigmeister's list by adding rubber "O" rings, like the ones used for wacky rigging.  

Today the only soft plastic I see melting either other soft plastic or some bags is the material used by Z-Man.  

I think that jigmeister is also correct about the hard heads: harder plastic used for the heads, solid and not hollow tube jig heads, etc.