Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerkbaiter

crank bait lips

7 posts in this topic

in the december issue of bassmaster magazine under tips to save you money there is a tip that talks about making crankbait lips out of the leftover plastic dividers in your tackle box to some of you pro's out there of tackle building do you think they would hold up ??????????

Jack

That might be a good tip for...not really anyone who visits TU and studies the posts...maybe an emergency repair? Nah, who has that kind of emergency? Not that you couldn't make it work somewhat, but I believe I'll stick to Lexan. That's an odd place to save money, would be like painting with shoe polish...

Dean

I guess I'll go against the grain here....on small crankbaits (ultra lights) when I needed a light bill I've used plastic from milk cartons and it worked great.But these were very small bills,and the pressure put on them would be very little..Nathan

On mt first crank that I made I used a plano devider and it worked for a little while but when it got cold out side it broke real easy . Unfortunatly I didn't know what to use instead and the bait laid on the work bench for 2 years before I found this site . I bought some lexan and won some money on it . Sad to say it is hanging in a tree in the water right now , broke my heart and my throat from screaming four letter words when it happened . I have some replacements in the works so watch out . I plan to set the water on fire this winter when they are ready .