Thiskidlikes2fish

Cutting circuit board or g-10

So I have started getting to the point on a lure where I want to make them very easy and repeatable. One problem I am having is getting the lips the same every time. I have tried snips, scroll saw,sanding. But can’t get repeatable results. Can’t spend much money as I am on a tight budget. I realize this may be unreasonable but I am a perfectionist. 

Edited by Thiskidlikes2fish

Try to use one method , witch ever method seems to have best control when cutting , then slowly sand with sanding blocks or power tools . You are still learning , Practice will improve your skills even if you are getting different results you are still learning the in's and out's . Templates like Hillbilly Voodoo says , if you cut and sand to those lines you will have consistency 

as stated template, draw the line, cut to the outside of the line, sand the line off. Only real way to make that work in my experience. Fine tooth blades for the saws help and just go slow. Having a template that is good is really important. I find if i get hasty in the setup it goes downhill quickly

Try using a good quality 180 grit wet-dry sandpaper (the black stuff, you can usually find it in the automotive section of the hardware store) and a sanding block to shape your lips.

G10 or FR4 is tough stuff and regular sandpaper will dull/break down quickly. Once the sandpaper is dull it is difficult to control.

I (strongly) recommend using a good dust mask and working in a well ventilated area. The dust from G10 or FR4 (cured resin and glass fibers) is pretty nasty. 

Van

• Like 1