Thiskidlikes2fish

Help finding Pvc

8 hours ago, Thiskidlikes2fish said:

Any of the stores near me don’t have the correct size of pvc. I have tried googling where to find it but can’t find it any where. I am looking for 1/2 in. Plz help

I try and avoid using it at all costs as absolutely hate using the stuff however if you must venture to the dark side....:lolhuh:

You will want to buy oversized stock and clean it up to get rid of the slick finish.   I usually buy whatever brick molding they have on clearance and cut to size.  However just a 1x2x8' or 1x4x8" white PVC trim board is historically what I bough.   I then use a table saw to make two passes to cut the finished face off to get "clean" stock to work with.  When I cut the lures out of the blank the top and bottom finished face will be removed cut off.

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/siding/trim-boards/royal-reg-building-products-1-x-2-x-8-white-pvc-trim-board/1429305/p-1510903719148-c-13411.htm?tid=-6611112129541700192&ipos=4

1 hour ago, Travis said:

I try and avoid using it at all costs as absolutely hate using the stuff however if you must venture to the dark side....:lolhuh:

You will want to buy oversized stock and clean it up to get rid of the slick finish.   I usually buy whatever brick molding they have on clearance and cut to size.  However just a 1x2x8' or 1x4x8" white PVC trim board is historically what I bough.   I then use a table saw to make two passes to cut the finished face off to get "clean" stock to work with.  When I cut the lures out of the blank the top and bottom finished face will be removed cut off.

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/siding/trim-boards/royal-reg-building-products-1-x-2-x-8-white-pvc-trim-board/1429305/p-1510903719148-c-13411.htm?tid=-6611112129541700192&ipos=4

I have thought of this but I don’t have a table saw or anything of the like so I am unable to do that.

Can always just whittle down but always easiest to start with properly dimensioned stock.  Many different ways to go about it with common hand tools (hand saws, planes, etc..) if you don't have power tools available.

A Japanese pull saw will easily do the same in very little time and won't break the bank in regards to cost (less than 25 dollars).  Can  also use a traditional western saw also just I find Japanese pulls saws more enjoyable to use and the thin kerf blade easily slices through something as soft as PVC.  Something like the Vaughn or Irwin saws typically sold at Menards, Lowes, etc.. will do just fine.

• Like 1