muskietom51

devcon trouble

Hi Guys I'm have a small problem with the devcon after i apply and put the lure on the dryer. The baits are flat sided, after drying the sides have areas that the devcon is running off, the top an bottom of the lures are curved an there is no problem there. The lures rotate end over end on my dryer think this may be my problem. I'm going to try just applying to the sides an see what happens turning by hand side ways.

:) Tom, I rotate most all my lures end over end witout any problems. However, I do try to align them with either the back or belly of the lure to be on the leading side of the rotation. Sometimes when I have gotten the Devcon a little thicker I may switch sides by 180 degrees during the drying/rotating process. Although, I believe that you should be able to rotate in most any direction. They key is most likely to not apply too heavy of a coat or take too much time in applying the coat. I catch myself in trying to over work the top coat or going back to even out that one little spot, which in turn makes a bigger spot :rolleyes: .

Hi my name is Bill and I'm addicted to Devcon 2 Ton epoxy.

Tom, I don?t know if this will help because I use e-tex. I was getting the same results when I was doing like Bill said, ?put on way more then I needed.? I would end up with the rounded over part with no or thin topcoat and thick on the sides.

As soon as I stopped loading the bait with e-tex my problem went away.

On our Muskie baits I think three or four good topcoats are better then one or two uneven.

Good luck

-Corey