johnnytheboy

Paint cracking

Hi There,

I have been using enamel spray cans for my lures, they ain't ideal but they have got me started, a common problem i'm getting is the black getting loads of little hairline cracks, letting the colours underneath show through

anyone had any problems with this???

its all the same brand of paint (plastikote enamel) so i'm usure if its a reaction or something else????

any helps apprecaited

Tightlines john

I have had the same problem with other brands of paint.I'm not for sure if the top coat is reacting with the base coat or the base coat isn't all the way dry before I've painted the top coat.Try letting the base coat dry over nite before adding the top coat.....it seems to help..Nathan

Nathan , is right on the money. We sometimes rush the lure a long and want to get it done. I have the worse habbit for this, I want to see it done soo bad I rush it and ends up looking like crap. If you can learn to walk away over night or start something new while it dry's then the over night dry you will see the best results in your painting. I also noticed if you make a misstake you can wipe it off more easly when the bottom coat is fully dried.

Hope this might help.

Robby.