TackleTester

Polycarbonate Lips

I've searched high and low at both Lowes and Home Depot and neither carried Polycarbonate under the Lexan name.

I do know that you can purchase Lexan from this link:

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/crankbaits/lexan_sheets_.htm

I would like to know where others that make their own lips get their lexan. Perhaps this would be a great item to purchase from TU too!

--IslandBass

Lexan is only one tradename for polycarb, there are a number of manufacturers. I get mine from a local guy here in MI that makes things like dispaly cases, fancy photo frames, signs, etc, . I buy his small left over stock for about .90 per sq. ft. in 1/4", 1/8" and 1/16" thicknesses. These are approximate as they are actually sold in millimeters. He has a small, 3 man shop and is happy to sell the stuff. After giving him a few lures, he doesn't even measure the stock anymore just says, "give me a coupla bucks". I searched all over for awhile and heard about this guy from another lure builder. He is practically in my neighborhood, less than 3 miles away.

Mitcheal