Paul

Hughesy in Field and Stream Again

Hi Guys

I was looking at the May 03 issue of Field and Stream - when I come across an article on the best lures to have in your tackle box and one of the lures was Tim's - H & T Baits....nice work.

I think it is great that a top lure maker is part of this great website - we really are lucky.

Excellent work on both parts for Tim and Red...

I've had the extreme privelige of being a friend of Hughsey's for a good while now.This man is truly blessed with talent beyond custom bass baits.Awesome bass angler,dedicated family man,musician(makes his own instruments as well),humble storyteller,just a good ol' boy to be around.

Hughsey,You deserve every amount of articles,write ups and respect you get.It is all extremely well deserved and well earned.Enjoy all your success my friend...><>...HS

Haven't read the F+S article but Boingers,Hughes Custom,and H&T are all members of my arsenal.The creator of these baits once told me that they would make fish hit even when they didn't feel like it. 8O He was right .....again!

basstackle_1691_10066239.gif

96_thumb.attach

Thanks to all of you guys!! But Jeff deserves a big bunch of credit for H&T's success. I come up with an idea. Shoot it to Jeff. And he designs the whole thing, builds the protos, and does all of the munfacturing. I couldn't do it without him. I couldn't have picked a better partner. To tell you the truth, I've had that magazine since it came out and must have looked at it 30 different time while sitting on the throne. I never once looked at that article. Don't ask me why. I would just thumb through it and skipped right over it. When I saw Pauls post, I ran into the john, dug it out of the mag rack and found the article. Couldn't believe it. Thanks again Guys.

Great to see that the magazines give praise where it is due. conglomerates wouldn't exist if it wasn't for guys like all of you putting your talent and heart into your work. The hand made and custom made lures have always been built with pride and a committment to quality. That's something that people forget when they go to the shelf at a big box store. My hat is off to all of you, pros and amatures alike. i am astounded at your talents. Please keep the craft alive and well for years to come!!!

maze

Hughsey and Tim are great representatives of all that is good about making baits by hand. Their tallent and hard work have paid off. They have proved that you don't need factories and big bank rolls to be successful. Heart and desire to be the best is the most important factors for guys like all of us. I am happy for both of them and wish them great success.

Skeeter