dark star

Hi

Just wanted to say hello to everybody,i am amazed that such a site exists.I was a professional lure maker for about 6 years,and it was impossible to get any viable imformation regarding lure making,the market is so competitive ,i had to work everything out for myself.I probably started out the same way as most of you that is hand carving the bodies etc..using basic tools.To my final progression of using polyurethane bodies and making my own moulds.Any way sold the business, and am now looking at it with a hobby view i really enjoy the art of lure making> also have rekindled my interest in timber again and am looking at replicating methods using cnc or such.

Regards

Dark Star

Welcome Dark Star,I hope you find this furum to be a place you often visit as I have.These guys here are sharp! I mean really sharp! I have been painting and building custom lures for a long time.I found myself stuck in a rut with it.One night I was surfing around and found this site.

I started reading the post's on different subjects and quickly realized I wanted to be a part of it.I joined and the rest is history.This site has been a blessing to me and hope it will be for you.

Drop in for chat one night and join in.There's usually someone in.Cullin/Siebler/Markell/Count/Lapala/Travis/Coley and anyone else there will surely make you welcome.

Blades

Thank you for the great welcome.I hope i have something to offer the forum.I have been out of the game for 3 years and it seems that the technology has really progressed.Forum members are obviously very passionate about the craft and that is demonstrated in the pieces of art they are producing truelly world class and unique.I am digging around for some of my lures as when i sold the business i sold all stock on site the few i have left are a bit battered but i will keep looking.But as mine were made for volume production they dont match up in looks to what you guys are making ,i had to settle for a happy medium,as i was still working at the time

Regards

Dark Star