MaddoxBay

Looking for a paint

I had a similiar need, but couldn't find what I wanted. But, I did have some Min-wax polycrylic around, and I did find a product called pearl EX.

It's a powdered pigment that I mixed with the polycrylic, and worked pretty good. I shot it through a large size airbrush nozzel .35 I think it is. I did have to experiment a little bit with how much to add...too much and it started clogging the airgun some.

I used an interference type, but they also have color shifting types too.

Anyway, it does work, but the effects were pretty subtle over lightcolored areas, much better over the dark blue I was using as the back of my bait. After topcoating with that mixture, I did the devcon thing....I think it came out pretty cool looking, but not sure what the fish think!!!

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/pearlex/index.php

Try Golden Paint and their "Interference" colors. They look kinda milky, off colored white in the bottle but when you spray it (or brush it) the milky color clears a bit and a red or blue or green or whatever reflects off the color underneath it.

That may be a bit cryptic but check 'em out. They're very cool.

And so ends my first post on these boards. B)

Later

FF