kellure

Check this out

Bare with me as I have a daddy moment...nothing earth shattering in the world of lure design, but my barely 3 yr old son came up to me 2 nites ago and said..."look daddy, I drew you a fishing lure"... you fellows that have or had young children at some point can understand that most of their scribble is just that, scribble at best. Anyway, my lil dude that cant draw a complete full circle yet or write a letter of his name yet, drew this.

Its pretty freaky to me.

Watch out Mr. Rapala, the next lure making generation is on the way :lol:

colby_sfirstluredrawing.jpg

1156_thumb.attach

Kell,

I have some great memories of my kids with drawings and such too. My sons are 17 and 14 now. Here is a list of tackle needs my youngest son put together upon returning from a chum salmon fishing trip.

It says:

For next year we need swivels, heavier jig hooks and green yarn, egg sinks, and newer maxima 12 pound line. :D

Kids are so much work but worth every bit of it.

Jed

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

fishing_list.jpg

1160_thumb.attach

My son is now 36. He never did take to fishing but my 10 year old grandson can't get enough. I take him whenever I can. I even had him in a tournament when he was 9. He lasted the whole day (7am. to 4 pm.); I was amazed. He never stopped fishing and he never complained. It was a very cold day (late Oct).

Every time he sees my partner(who works with my son) he tells him he is going to take his spot in the boat.

Kell,

I would like to pass on a bit of into to you that might be helpful. I read once something that I think was very insightful. The author explained that when you are raising a new "angler" it's important to make it "fun". When you are fishing with the little fella don't "make him fish", let him throw rocks, explore, poke around with a stick, catch bugs, whatever. By doing so you are teaching him that fishing is something "fun" and this will stay with him forever. If you "make him fish" he will associate fishing as something "not fun" and it will likely ruin him to the sport forever.

Jed

Jed;

I didn't have to "make" him fish. He took to it like a duck to water.

I've had him fishing since he was 6. We did the rock thing a little, the shore lunches, running the boat around the lake, etc. Once all that was out of his system all he wants to do is fish. He especially likes tournaments. He hangs around the guys and asks them questions.(the joke with the guys is that I send him around as a spy).

In any case we have great fun and most of the time he's the one who pushes me.

Fishing is what all kids should be addicted to.