Flats

DIY Rattles

Thanks to Husky, I've just started to expand my lure making and am playing with the foam plugs.

Since there's so much potential with this method, has anyone started making their own rattles? I was thinking of steel (shotgun) shot in a copper tube with the ends clamped shut or maybe coming up with something with those 1/4" steel balls for sling shots.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

I was going to purchase some tubing on Monday. Local hardware store going out of business (Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc....) 50% off all their copper, brass, and stainless tubing. Up to this point I have made rattles out of glass because it is so easy to used. Pic posted in terminal tackle.

I ued old burt out christmas lights for rattles. I take my dremel with the cut off wheel and cut the end of the tube with the wires off, then take my wire cutters and cut off the wires that were inside the light put in some

#6 1/2 shot and epoxy it back togeter. They work great. Small enough to put in a worm or use the two copper wires that are left on the bulb to tie it to the hooks.

mofish

Taking Conman's Idea and running with it:

I used old burnt out christmas lights for rattles. I take my dremel with the cut off wheel and cut the end of the tube with the wires off, then take my wire cutters and cut off the wires that were inside the light put in some

#6 1/2 shot and epoxy it back togeter. They work great. Small enough to put in a worm or use the two copper wires that are left on the bulb to tie it to the hooks.

I found that after I inserted the steel shot I held the open end of the bulb in a propane torch and melted the glass until the hole closed up. I epoxied these into a few crank baits and couldn't believe how loud these actually are. They seemed quiet when I held them in my hand. Just don't try to reheat them after the hole hs closed or they will break.

Thanks for the idea Conman

John