- - - - -

What kind of airbrush do you use?would you trade it in?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Finneous Fogg

Finneous Fogg

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

OK I'm waay late posting on this thread but as it's my first day here, I'm a bit post happy.

I've got 4 Paasche air brushes. The H, VLJ, VL & AB. The VLJ doesn't get used. Not that it's a bad brush, it isn't. It's just the other three cover all I need.
The H sprays my primer and I also put thinned color preserver through it. The VL I use to paint large areas where detail isn't involved. The AB is the baddest motor scooter of airbrushes I've ever used. The detail it's capable of is second to none. A big plus for a newb such as myself. The draw back of the AB is it's often over $200 bucks brand new. (pssst...shop on E-bay)
I bought a Craftsman compressor. It's 2 1/2 HP with a 3 gallon airtank and two inline water catches. I can spray at any pressure up to 100 PSI. But I spray usually at 30 PSI except when heavy pigments are used in which case I'll go to 50.
And I'm a big fan of Golden paints.

#22 dtrs5kprs

TU Supporter

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:39 PM

One VL, two Milenniums, one V (super fine detail). Any additional will probably be mileniums.

#23 TBait

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:32 AM

Here is a forum...that will give you straight up answers regarding airbrushing. These guys know airbrushing.

Its not the airbrush, it is the media....what kind of paint. Thinning correctly with reducers...not water. And air pressure... dont expect to pick up an airbrush once every 2 weeks and know how to use it...

lots of answers when you do searches on their forum...some of the work that is on there is awesome.

Free answers

#24 TBait

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:35 AM

I didnt mean to offend anyone on this forum.. not implying you couldnt get good answers on this forum. Just wanted to let other on this board know where they could get more answers....

wanted to make that clear....not looking to pick a fight...

Mike :lol:

#25 SpoRoller

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for that link Tbait! Did you see that mailbox?? Awesome is an understatement.

I will have to do some more reading on that site, the conversation on color theory is enlightening.