Lurehead03

color help on new bait

1.the first pic is of a color i saw on a zoom tapp a long time ago never knew what the color was called Does anybody have a idea

2.what would be best on ths old timer copy as far as how to do the 3/8" screws on lip and hook hangers? I'm thinking paint devcon then mount hardware using devcon on threads would this be ok?

I think what Blackjack is getting at is that he probably painted the tapp that you saw. He has painted quite a few for folks. I am familiar with the tapp and have never seen one come from Zoom of that color. The Original old tapps made by Steve Blazer I have never knowingly seen. What about it Craig, did Steve paint any that color or is it you?

Skeeter

Ed Chambers The owner of Zoom Soft Plastics and the WEC Hard bait line is one painting machine. If you saw a Tapp painted that color I'm quite sure he is capable of painting that pattern. I got to look inside Jeff Cobles Tournament box when he came back from the Open on the St Johns river and he ahd a bunch of Tapps and other Zoom Baits that I have never seen before. Ed Makes up stuff for his Sponsored pros at their request . As far as being an original I have no clue. When I first got into the Business all I did was repaint work, I worked on the WEC, Poes and Bagleys exclusively. I think the bait is supposed to represent a perch or log perch

Lurehead03,

Sorry, but no one has answered your question about how to do the punkin. Personally I would paint the entire lure up, clearcoat the lure, and then put on the hardware. You could use Devcon on the threads. If the holes are drilled through a clearcoat of Devcon, then when the Devcon on the threads passes through the clearcoat, they will form one single solid bond.

Skeeter

As far as I have been told.... Steve has been dead for a number of years. I understood that he had to quit making baits due to corpral tunnel syndrom. After seeing Blackjacks picture... I guess I would not have known an original if I had seen it. The baits that I have been shown do not look like that. But I trust what Blackjack says. How do you know for sure Blackjack? I am not doubting you. I just really want to know. Not to be nosey but how much is he charging you for one? Those baits are beautiful. But they sure don't look like the Zooms.

Skeeter