woodsac

Airbrush Stuff

While looking around the web at the different prices, I came across these 2 charts.

The 1st one (link) tells you what the different airbrushes are capable of. The 2nd one (attachment) list all the different mediums that can be sprayed through each type.

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

airbrush_guide.doc

No, I'm not spraying...yet.

I've been buying lots of woodworking stuff and I just finished my 1st swimbait. I'll throw up a couple pics later on tonight.

Care to share any airbrush tips for a beginner? I'm probably gonna buy a Paasche VL.

Hey, when you get some baits painted, share some photos in the photo gallery! Don't worry, there are all levels of hobbyists here. I painted my swimbait with rattle cans :|

Oh yeah... a tip. :idea:

The best advice I can give an aspiring airbrush artist is to spend your money on a really good compressor with a decent storage tank, regulator and a good water trap. This will keep the compressor from running constantly plus you get much cleaner and smoother air flow.

The regulator allows you to adjust the pressure for various effects and pigments. Light pressure will give you a stimpling kind of "spray can" type effect. High pressure allows you to spray heavier pigments. I crank up the pressure to 50 PSI for spraying a thinned down color preserver. Works awesome.