jigflipper

Quietest compressor??

Hi folks, and here's wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!

I've just moved into a new home (still unpacking, actually, so you see where my thoughts/priorities are: 1. Get computer set up 2. Get lure working area set up, 3. Unpack food and clothes!!! :wink: ) I will actually have my very own "hobby room" for my lure painting. At our previous home, my work area was in a corner of my boys' playroom (it's OK, water based paint only!), and I kept the airbrush compressor (small Porter-Cable model) out in the attic with the airbrush line running under the door. Was actually a pretty neat setup...didn't have to listen to the compressor kick on and off. Now I'll probably have to have it in the room with me. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who makes the quietest compressor. Will that compressor be quiet enough to have sitting right beside you (more or less) when you work?

Sorry to be so "wordy"!

God bless,

Jigflipper

first off can I move into your hobby room ? Thanks in advance . :)

I am lucky enough to have a window in my airbrush room so I run my line outside to my craftsman 6hp 30 gallon compressor , overkill , hehehe . I did build a house for it to sit in , kinda like a dog house with insulation . It was very loud at 300 in the AM for the niebors till i boxed it in . Maybe you could do this with yours in your room ?

I have a TC 5000.I believe it is made by Silent Air and labled by Createx.You can get more info at dixieart.com.I can flip it's on/off switch from my painting chair.It just hums.I work in a machine shop and have to listen to air hoses all day,so I especially wanted a quiet compressor.For me,it was money well spent.