tschneid83

am i doing this correctly

Looks like a shallow running crank from the drawing. I'm not completely clear on the problem, what exactly is your question? I couldn't find any questions on your website.

Here are a few thoughts:

Based on the drawing I'd tend to place one larger weight in the forward position and leave out the rear weight. I say this assuming that your crank is reasonably thick in the front section, so you have plenty of buoyancy up near the head of the lure. You'll maximise action if you keep the weight near the pivot point.

The bib angle has minimal effect on diving depth, but has great effect on the angle of attack. Making the bib more horizontal will make the lure get to maximum depth quicker, but won't change the maximum depth. If you plan to troll your crank then the lure angle you depict is fine. If you plan to cast and retrieve you may want to change the angle so the lure gets down faster.

Increasing the area of the bib will increase the dive depth. A wide bib will create a wider action while a narrow bib will create a tighter action.

I have some downloadable info that gives much more detailed design information, complete with diagrams to make things clearer. Send me a personal message if you'd like the link (and anyone else for that matter).

Regards

Greg

It appears to me that you are trying to make a bagley body style bait or big o type bait. If this is the case, you are not to far off. When I design or copy a bait I find the vertical center line (on the widest part of the front of the body)and the horizontal center line. Once I have found these two locations it is alot easier designing a diagram or pattern to follow. On your diagram I copied the body style and found both points and added the wire harness location and the belly weight location. I guarentee that if you follow this diagram to a tee and make all parts of the bait true and square you will have a bait that will run straight and true(It might even hunt if you use the proper materials) Let me know if you need any additional info!!!

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

crankblank.jpg

105_thumb.attach