funny farm

Plastic lure eye ball painting

FF,not saying mine are the best,but I use C-tex for my eyes.Mainly because if I use Lacquer (as I do on the body)it is not forgiving at all.If I foul up with c-tex I just quickly wipe it off.

I use the end of a small wooden paint brush and sand flat

I use three different diameters

- put an amount(of paint) equal to about the size of a nickel on a flat piece of mylar

- spread the paint out to about 1/16 inch thick

-dip the blunt end of the paint brush(some use dowels)in the paint and press quickly on the bait in the location you wish for the eye

-wipe off excess from blunt end and repeat for the other eye

If you desire two colors or layers then repeat the steps again after the 1st eye layer is dry.

All it takes is pratice

Hope this helps Blades

I use createx to paint body and testor's enamel for my eyes but unlike blades if i screw up it's oh sh$$ you have to start over I use different size nail heads mounted in dowels to make the dots you dip nail in paint and try to get a little half drop of paint on nail then touch bait with paint but not the nail if everything works you get a perfect dot if you let nail touch most times it screws up