TBait

Cutting/Sanding Stacked Lips

I recently tried stacking 5 pieces of lexan .060 inch. I used "SCOTCH BRAND" Double sided tape to secure them. I did not have much success. There was too much variance. I first cut the bills close on a bandsaw and then proceeded to finish on a belt and drum sander. The bills shifted during sanding. My question is... SCOTCH makes 2 different double sided tapes. A temporary version and a permanent version. What brand are you using and which type? The SCOTCH temporary did not work well for me.

I use a double backed tape for working with plastic signs. I have had very good results with it. Please don't ask where I got it. I don't remember. I have had it almost 20 years and believe it or not it is still good. I am now on my last roll. I would suggest using the permanent type that is available as opposed to the temporary. I would think that it would hold better.

Gene

I'd say, Yup, no need to soak as long as the protective coating is there. I've stacked 4 layers using spray adhesive, and had very little problem prying them apart after shaping.

I do need to clamp them together to let the adhesive cure for a bit though......did have some slip if I didn't do that.