T-Ball

Devcon on my bills ?

What kind of process do you fellows use to keep Devcon off your bills while turning? I brush it on, try to wipe all the excess off the bill, the put on the wheel. I'm still getting some run on my bills. I'm not putting it on real thick. Maybe there ok, but I don't want any on there. Any ideas ?

Thanks, T-Ball

I install my lip when I clearcoat my bait.

I hold the bait in a vertical position, put epoxy in the

lip slot, clearcoat the nose of the bait and coat

the lip where needed with epoxy and slowly push the

lip down into the slot. Excess epoxy will run out the

corner of the slot and down the side of the bait.

I then start clearcoating the whole bait.

Put it on my dryer in any position and have no problems.

What is the speed of your dryer? Does the epoxy build up anywhere

else on the bait?

Sounds like it may be turning to slow. My dryer turns 5.5 rpm

at the shaft.

Coley

My problem is not run-off, I think. When I apply my devcon I am getting it on my bills. The clear I'm ok with it, but when there's glitter in the devcon, my lip has glittered clear-coat half way down the bill. One question, If I have masking tape on my bill when I am clearcoating, will it come off after the devcon is dry? I don't think it will is why I haven't tried it. Or, do I leave on the tape, clear coat my bait, them remove the tape before I put it on my dryer? My dryer is pretty awesome. My buddy is an electrician in a coal mines and set me up pretty good. I can spin 80 jig heads or 40 cranks at one time. It runs 5.7 mph. Thats with a police radar gun, so who knows how close it is. My dryer is not my problem. It's more than likely ME . Thanks for the help !! T-Ball

From the information you have given: it sounds like you just need to be a little more careful when brushing the devcon on, around the lip. When I am clearing with devcon, I keep the lip in the up position and I start by doing around the lip first and brush back toward the tail. Take your time and make it look nice, you have a lot of time invested at the clear coat stage.

Tally