fishing nut

Lure craft molds

From my experience, I'm not to thrilled with LC silicone, one sided molds, especially for jerk sticks. Pay the $45 for a precision aluminum mold or make one super cheap from plaster or Durham's water putty (powder/add water; best detail but more expensive).

Silicone produces a dull versus shiny surface and glitter colors near the surface are muted similar to looking through a frosted glass. The detail of his molds is lacking (sharp ribbing).

There are a few tutorials on how to make your own and well worth it.

Once you've made the mold, whether copying and original or copying your own prototype, it's could for unlimited pours. You can make two part molds that results in no flat side and where the surfaces will be glossy due to a protective cavity coating of epoxy or Valspar gloss sealer.

My first 4 molds were from LC and they lay under 35 plaster molds that I use when needed. I have 30 more to make before spring, having discoverd some great prototypes by fusing different pastics together to form a unique design. Each has been tested, caught fish and will be copied in plaster or putty.

If I were to copy a fluke, pearl would be my choice or floured salt added to clear plastic (comes out milk white).

Del or Bob have the best molds available. Think before you lay down $12 or more for a mold you will replace with metal. The gallery had many great looking baits poured from metal molds.

Sam

I bought 3 of the LC molds form someone if they are the rubber blue ones. I bought them because they were the flukes and no you dont want to pour clear or iridescent colors in them but here is a tip for those of you who have them, half plastisol and half salt nothing else. You will get an incredible bait that you can chuck far and catch a lot of fish.