BassNator 1

A Lesson From a Student!

Hey Guys, Again I want to thank all of you for your hard work and dedication to this site and how it has helped a lot of us out, including me. I am still learning the process and having a blast making lures! Now I get to repay back with a tip I just started using with success! I am also going to show a photo I took of a process for those that are having a tuff time painting the scales on. I went to the local craft store and purchased some Sculpting Mesh. The sculpting mesh was under five bux, for a 11 X 14 sheet. The great thing about the mesh is picture it being a Window Screen that is very pliable! I was able to wrap this sculpting wire around the lure and be able to paint through it with no problems and VIOLA! Nice Scales and the mesh can be reused on another lure with the same shape! The only thing to be careful about is that the mesh can chip a little of the underpaint, so be careful taking the mesh off. Also in the picture is a Stencil that I made for the red gills. If you notice I have a black marker around the stencil so I can line it up on the lure where I want it to go! Hope that helps a few of you newbies like myself out. Also I have 2 more new lures I just put my first coat of cleat on! Cody

lures2_182.jpg

masks.jpg

mask2.jpg

lures2_182.jpg

masks.jpg

mask2.jpg

lures2_182.jpg

masks.jpg

mask2.jpg

lures2_182.jpg

masks.jpg

mask2.jpg