Sign in to follow this  
etch a sketch

first attempt at popper

14 posts in this topic

B) Hi Guys

This is my first attempt at a popper, it's a flat sided bait with rounded edges (no lathe). Buzz blade with .062 stainless steel wire at the back. Has a nice popping action on the front as well as a lot of spinning and splashing at the rear. Hand carved gills and pec fin. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Rob B)

Fishing.jpg

B) Hi Guys

This is my first attempt at a popper' date=' it's a flat sided bait with rounded edges (no lathe). Buzz blade with .062 stainless steel wire at the back. Has a nice popping action on the front as well as a lot of spinning and splashing at the rear. Hand carved gills and pec fin. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Rob B)

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/little-cleo/Fishing.jpg[/img]

It's very nice. The problem I have using such a work of art is that the Bluefish, which inhabit the waters where I fish, will trash a plug like that in no time 8O . Save that Puppy for bass. B)

They look great! I did something similar but I used a regular propeller in the rear.

May I ask how does you bait sit at rest on the water (as is level, slightly tail biased)?

Also, what type of wood did you use?

Thanks!

--IslandBass

B) thanx you for the kind words, means alot to me ,i used white pine,and she sits level at rest, was my first attempt at carving and a popper, from blade to mouth its 8inches long, 5/8 wide weighted behind the front hook, their on there way to a good home in N.H. !! :rolleyes: , thanxs Rob B)

Etch has arrived! B) All that with rattle cans. I'm "Ascared" to see what comes out of Ontario when he gets to airbrushing! :rolleyes: