Sign in to follow this  
Illini Nate

First try at a trout swimbait

12 posts in this topic

Illini Nate    0

Hi everyone, my name is Nate and I am new to posting so bear with me. I have been checking this site out for a little bit and have really enjoyed all the great information being shared. Seeing as how most people post a picture of their bait I thaught I would post a pic of my first attempt at a trout swimbait (As well as first attempt using the plastic cup sealer, and airbrush, and making a jointed lure, and using envirotex) so basically a lot of firsts. Feel free to make suggestions as I am sure there is room for a lot of improvement.

Nate

[/img]

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

trout_lure.jpg

1259_thumb.attach

GB GONE    3

IN..CRE..DI..BLE!!!! I think the fish would even hit a picture of that sweet bait...WOW!!!!

I can't wait for this tutorial!!

Jim

Nathan    206

I'm with the rest of the guys here,..if thats your first...can't wait too see your tenth!!..Nathan

nova    53

If that's the first we're all in trouble guys. I think someone's pulling our collective leg. 8O

In any case; grrrrrrrreat job. :D

LaPala    4

Real Nice job for a first. I know I could not say that for my first. And welcome aboard.

You said you wanted some comments too - so to be honest I would not put the back hook where you have it if those fins are "hard" fins since it would interfere.

Illini Nate    0

Well I should say that I have tried to make a couple of jerkbaits before, but have only got about 6 or 7 of them done. And before now I sprayed everythign with spray cans which actually worked out pretty well as long as I painted all my lures black. But hopefully I'll have some time to make some more baits. Thanks to everyone for the kind words as well as suggestions. La Pala thanks for the suggestion about hook placement, would you suggest on I place the rear hook on the back of the first section or behind the fin?? or should I just use one hook up front?? I'm new to these types of baits and my goal was to make one to fish for muskies at a lake here that gets trout stockings every year. Thanks again.

Nate

Mattlures    7

Very nice looking. How big is it? The only problem I see would be the potentail for the anal fin to break off easily. I think if you made it thick at the base with a fast taper and made it shorter you could remedy this, plus you would be able to keep your second hook there without it getting stuck on the fin. That is an impresive bait even if you are a experianced lure maker let alone for your first try.