funny farm

Bulk plastic baits for the tackle show in FL ???

I remember when I was young I went to a tackle fishing show with my dad , I was maybe 10 or so . One of the vendors had a big barrell full of soft plastics worms and grubs and other fun squishy stuff . The deal was for kids 12 and under (cant remember the exact age) it cost a dollar or so to be able to reach in the barrell and grab as many worms as they could in one handfull and of course get to keep them . And of course you could do like a few buck more for kids 12 and up or something .

I just thought it was so cool . Maybe we could try to get something like this together for the Fl show in april ? Maybe if any one has some extras or some that they have odd amounts of or what not we could fill a barrell up ?

Its nice to have something at these shows that only the kids can do , after walking around with Moms and/or Dads all day , of course most of the dads will be in a daze running to all the booths that will be there .

Plus it gives the kids some of their own tackle in their tackle boxes . What do you all think ?

I think that's a SUPER idea :D

I have some baits that I would be willing to send. Most of them are just baits that I wasn't happy with or was trying to find that exact color. Mostly reapers, but I could come up with a few more. Heck, I've even got some production baits I would send just because I don't use them :wink:

I like this idea. I will be putting together a few handfulls of worms an stuff. I'm sure most of us have some kind of surplus baits that would be easy to donate to this cause, even if we can't make it down to Fl.

I like the 12 and under 'fist-full' idea, gives the young ones something of interest, and encourages an interest in fishing too. When I was 9 years old, I would have returned to the bait barrel a couple of times!

Count me in FF...I've been pouring a lot of orders and when I'm done I use the excess plastic to pour more baits just for the "barrel".

I wanted to do something along this line but thought it would be to time consuming for just one person.

I'm going to PM some other TU members and get them to committ to this idea.

Jim