Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legendary Lures

Opinions wanted: One hook or two?

8 posts in this topic

Larry,

I think if you put two split rings on the belly and then put the treble on it would be about perfect. The important thing is to have the treble points just behind the end of the lure. Take a look at this hotshot which is very similar in shape.

The other option would be to go to one single siwash off the back hanger and do away with the belly hook. The siwash hook should be pointing upward by again using two split rings and the the hook. This is how I se up all my tadpollies and man are they ever mean...if a fish takes you have him every time.

Jed :D

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

hotshot.jpg

1271_thumb.attach

One hook but move it back a bit if it doesn't affect the balance too much. Just my 2 cents.

I would go with one belly hook. Bass are head hunters so you'll hook them. This will give you a wider wobble. If the wobble is too much, you could add a short section of wire to the back. Tie some bucktail on the wire too.

Andrew

I might have more than one hook configuration for this lovely lure, but I really like Jed's idea of the upturned single siwash--the lure would come through cover great, and the siwash is a wonderfully effective hook that most bass & etc. anglers have overlooked!

Dean