Pop

Hook Manufacturing

Maybe I am the only person that doesn't know this, if my observations are correct. Does Mustad manufacture the Gamakatsu hooks? Comparing the two next to each other, the only two differences between the hooks is the point and slight variance in hook color which would indicate a difference in material. On the jig hooks the arm to the hook eye is identical as is the hook eye. The bends are identical as is the length of the hooks.

I took the 60 degree jig hook and held the Mustad and Gami next to each other and they were identical. The 60 degree Owner jig hook is vastly different. I didn't have an Eagle Claw or other brand to compare. I do know that Mustad at one time did manufacture some of the Eagle Claw hooks. Anyone have information in this regard. Thanks, Pop

Mustad's Ultra Point hooks are produced in Asia! Singapore I believe.

It's possible that some Gamakatsu hooks are also being produced in the same location.

I don't know who actually owns the manufacturing plants in Singapore, but it's also possible that both companies contract with the same manufacturer.