Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan

New Hook source

7 posts in this topic

Just did some checking.... VMC 9649 treble hook ..Stamina 12.80 for 100..capthooks...9.15 for 100.Nathan

Nathan - keep your eyes open with Stamina. They are usually the highest priced of all the component supply companies around. Years ago that wasn't the case, but they have fallen behind.

I believe that is the retail site for "Shorty's".

They just recently went online

www.shortyshooks.com

wholesale hook sales

If it is the same place then Captain Hooks been around for years

it was a good place to get saltwater hooks for fly tying 3-5 years ago.

I never heard anything bad said about them back when I frequented the tying boards' date=' but I only used them once. No problems with my order then but I got better prices at [url']http://www.Terminaltackleco.com[/url] although back then they didn't have a website.

Robert

Looked at the Gamakatsu jig hooks and; the retail prices are great, 4 quantity options, free shipping on $100+ order, and a 30 day money back guarantee ? wow!

NATHAN! Your correct ! thats a good deal and shipping price. For a hobbyest this is the way togo and if your a dealer or muti (Mfc.) mass producer, than shorty's is the way togo. Remember ! you must buy a min. of 1000 ct at shortys. At captian hooks its 100 ct. If your making wood lures > chances are your not mass producing. Mustad treble 1/0 was about 16c a hook with shipping included. I pay 20c locally. Thats $4 saved. To really save w/ shorty's your going to need a tax#.