Party Crasher

Spray Hood

There was a website http://www.interlog.com/`ask that had full instructions on building a spray booth using a range hood. I went to the web site but didn't see the instructions anylonger. You might want to try it and see if your search is better. In any event the information was titled

"Building A Paint Booth" November 30th 1996, Revised July 28th 1998. If you can't find the info and are interested, I have a printed copy which I could fax you or make another copy and mail it to you. Pop

I made a spray hood using a 20" box fan and fiberboard. Keep in mind, I'm using water based createx paints. This set up should not be used for any other flamable paints. Set the fan on a flat surface. Construct a box in front of it with some amount of outward flare. Mine projects out about 16" from the fan. Inside the box, just in front of the fan, make a rack that will hold two a/c filters one in front of the other. I also set up a towel on the back side of the fan to see if any paint spray was able to get through the filters and the towel is allways clean. I also cut a hole in the top of the box and places a 24" light fixture on top for light inside my spray booth. The box fans have several speeds and my set up works fine. An added plus, is after patinting, set your painted baits in the hood and put the fan on low speed and the air flow over the baits help to dry the paint.