Attitude

Adding Scent...

Everybody has there own personal favorites and "secret recipe" they are adding to their baits.

I like Kick'n Bass. The garlic is a little weak after you cook your plastic but that is how I like it. The overall line of scents at KNB has impressed me.

Sure you will get others to weigh in.

Jim

PS In a pinch, the scents at Walmart are OK, I believe they are called BaitMate. Avoid Bang as it will make your plastic go "BANG"!! :D

I'm somewhat of a "Scent Whore"........always looking for that perfect scent. I have been using Pro-Cure with complete satisfaction. I just recently found out about a scent at our local tackle shop (Fisherman's Warehouse) called "Bassectomy". They have ONE scent designed just for bass. Very concentrated......about 15 bucks for 4 ounces, but 1 drop is sufficient for 6 ounces of plastic. All I can say is the smell is amazing!! Kinda like a crawfish/shad/garlic combo. Haven't tried it on the water yet, but it MUST be good 'cuz it's the hottest scent on the local market right now. All the fisherman who used to ask for Kick N Bass and Pro Cure are now asking for Bassectomy. I'll be happy to post more on it as soon as I get a little more info.

Chris

I add mine after I've heated my plastic and I'm adding my flake. I have had a few batches of light colors (chartreuse, lime green, etc.) that have discolored almost immediately after heating when I added the scent up front.

Other scents may not be this way but Kick'nBass has done that to a few batches. I probably added to that color change as I probably overheated my plastic as well :wink:

Jim

I've been using kicknbass anise+shad mixed with lurecraft garlic and crawfish oils, I think it makes the lures work better, but maybe it's just a confidence thing? THe smell is bad enough to keep the neighbors away...

I'll look at fisherman's whorehouse and see if the have that bassectomy stuff so I can join Al out on the corner "hookin' it" for scents...LOLOLOL :lol: (j/k)

Mega Strike works well for us too. We mix it with warm (not hot) worm oil and add it to 250-300 baits that are no more than 1 day old. The plastic will draw in some the oil and hold the scent/amino acids on the surface of the bait. We leave the baits in a thick 4 mil zip lock for a few days with the mixture. We found adding scent during pouring is not as effective as after the baits are set...you'll cook off alot of the scent as it was not ment to be heated in the first place. One tube of Mega Strike goes a long long way.

Mike,

I LOVE MegaStrike and use it on almost everythings. (It even seems to work on jigging spoons, giving you an extra second or two to set the hook.) I didn't want to try cooking it into my baits because most of it would be wasted by being trapped inside the bait. Your technique sounds perfect for me... may I ask how much MegaStrike you use for how many baits? I only pour for myself and friends, nothing commercial.

I work in the food industry and have done some research

through work to find additives to add to my soft plastics. I have

found some really potent stuff and will be selling the stuff on my new

website soon. Anybody interested in these oil additives can

let me know. To start, I have a strong based shad oil, and

an extremely potent crab/craw oil ( it will knock your socks off! ).

They will be available on my website in late April or early May.

Anyone interested in getting them sooner, should contact me.

I like using the Mega-Strike also. It is a really nasty smell when it is heated in the plastic. Right now I have a mixture of Anise, Craw, Shad and Mega-Strike I am trying. The Mega-Strike seems to mix up well with the liquid scents.

Think I will try it how Tubeman is trying it sound like a really good idea

I just tried a mixture of anise and crawdad(both L.C.). The smell was so srtrong that it actually came through my garage and into my house. 8O Needless to say the wife was not too happy with me. I usually just use crawdad, but I actually have some anise/craw combo coming from pro-cure. Hopefully it is a little more subtle :D