GB GONE

Here's a story you've got to hear!!!

Some of you may know I pour soft plastics and my "company" name is Ghost Baits. Well, I thought I needed to get the word out more so I bought some magnetic signs for my truck from a real nice lady on Ebay (signs by Jeri...shameless plug).

The signs are great and have a look of dripping blood from the website address. There is a ghost logo on there as well.

Anyways, down here in South Georgia (and MANY other places across the world), we have some folks that either can't read OR are just kind of strange (to me).

In the past 2 days, I have been approached by some interesting characters at the local gas stations (jiffy store if you live in South GA :lol: ) asking me if I could or would catch ghosts for them. They saw my signs the last few weeks and just got enough nerve up to come ask me. One ladt even asked me if I had a price I could give her :!: :!: :D

WOW!!!!! I thought I was having fun pouring baits.....So I guess my real questions are:

How much should I charge and does anybody have a good supplier of ghost buster supplies????!!!! :D

Man...we are having fun now!!! I'm guessing I better spool up some 50lb test at least!!!

Jim

Let's see, you'll need:

Aluminum foil hat, so the spooks can't detect your presence.

An old style ElectroLux sweeper strapped to your back and lots of hose.

Hmmm, maybe some Old Style.

Dark glasses, not night vision, though. The darker, the better. Night vision looks right through them and that's no good.

A tiny MP3 player to broadcast some scary sounds while the customer isn't looking. Or leave it hidden at their house so you can make a second call. Change out the battery, re-hide and repeat until you think they're catching on. Then you can remove it and claim success.

A light sabre in case any Jedis are encountered.

A fire extringuisher to freeze them in their tracks, then wack them with a sledgehammer. That ought to kill them dead.

A receipt book so your customers can deduct for your services, but you'd better use a fake tax ID number.

Some duct tape so you can make your shirt look like a Buck Rogers uniform. Download some clipart to make a cool emblem for the upper left chest.

Some Gack so you can run out of the room declaring that you've been Gacked!

Really really freaky hair. If you're bald, maybe a wig, but stay away from the mullti-colored afro wigs.

Don't forget to google the web for spook buster message boards. You can hobknob with others of your kind, trade pictures, get tips, read tutorials, post stories and chat.

Jim,

What's really weird is no one has asked me if I'm a big fan of "Around the World in 80 Days". The main character is named Phineus Fog. 8O

We were sitting around trying to come up with a name for my business and I wanted to avoid over used adjectives to describe what I was doing. Nor-Cal Custom Tackle and such was toooo boring and has been done to death. Someone suggested "Fins-R-Us". I said, NO! Then it was "Fins-N-Fog". I said "No, too close to Bass-N-Tubes"(the club I fish with) I need an original name that still has a regional flavor. Someone said "How about Finneous Fogg?" It's a proper name and has an old west feel to it. Plus San Francisco does have a lot of fog.

I thought... hell yeah! Two days later I heard about the name of the character in the "...80 Days" book. Oh well. I like the name anyway and I'm gonna keep it. :)

tight lines

Chris