Cobra0718

alittle Help Please!

Hey everyone... I pour'd my first really good Lipless crankbait. Here is the problem I'm having now... Where should I put my weight and rattles at. What size weight should I use. I'd really like to keep it from sinking past 4 foot. Should I put the Rattles in the belly, Left to Right or Front to back? I will try to attach the pictures of the bait.

Thanks for any and all help!

Charlie

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

bait02.jpg

107_thumb.attach

Charlie,

Most of these baits are weighted in the head,so they sink in a slightly head down position so the flat plane of the top of the head(thats what makes it wobble) is easily engaged.As for the amount of weight,thats something your going to have to play with.I'd probably start off with a quarter ounce.

The rattles are usually in the back 2/3rds of the lure..Nathan

The belly of this lure, looks like it is stuff full of eggs... So, it's flat and pregnanant...lol

So, would it be better to put the rattles left to right or Front to back... Or both?

Would suspend dots work, just to play around with the weight... Find what works then put it internal?

Charlie,I hate to say this...But I'm afraid this lure is going to have to be your guine pig meaning it's going to get torn up experimenting!! If you have a lead pot to pour lead,I'd drill a 1/4 in. hole through the bottom head area almost all the way through back out the top(notice I said almost all the way through) and I'd pour some lead into it.Just as the lead sets up(a second or two)press it against a flat surface to pack the lead.If you dont have a lead pot,push some large split shot into the hole,and fill in,and smooth with wood filler.

As for the rattles,you may have to drill a couple rattle chambers.Go to walmart and buy a 1/4 in. diam. hard wood dowel and some bb gun bb's.

Lay your lure on it's side and drill one or two(if youe have room) 1/4 in holes all the way through the lure. cut 2 thin " plugs" from the dowel.Place one of the plugs in the hole on one side of the lure.Now drop one,or two bb's (if thick enough) in the hole in the other side.Now plug that hole.Fill in any gaps with wood filler,sand smooth.At this point I'd cover the entire lure with a coat of Devcon 2ton epoxy.This will hide a marks in the lure that the filler didnt't cover.Paint,and give a finish coat of devcon...Nathan