SeminoleFan

Scales

For small lures, I use bridal veil or tule. For larger lures, I use hardware cloth.

The trick with bridal veil is to getting it tight around the lure. You can use binder clips, sew it on or make a hinged frame or use embroidery hoops. If you use a hinged frame or hoops, you will only be putting scales on the sides, not the top. If you use a hinged frames or hoops, use two pieces of veil and you'll be pinching the lure between them when you paint.

Hope this helps.

I also use tulle. It takes a bit of persverence to get right, but once you do it's very quick and easy. I place my crank back in the mold, stretch the tulle over and spray (one quick, clean pass). Don't leave the tulle in contact with the lure too long or your paint will come off with the tulle! For larger lures I use various synthetic mesh fabrics. I quick visit to a craft or haberdashery shop will see you walk away with half a dozen different mesh sizes.

Regards

Greg