dooge

crankbait bills

iam trying to find out who makes crankbait bills like the ones in janns i have tried to make my own with lexan and cant seem to get the same shape everytime also i seen some post on homemade cnc routers a while back is anyone out there still working on this idea. i have been hooked on the idea ever since i heard about it. i know they said it might not work to good for cutting out cranks but i would still like to learn how to make one ,any help would be great

iam trying to find out who makes crankbait bills like the ones in janns i have tried to make my own with lexan and cant seem to get the same shape everytime also i seen some post on homemade cnc routers a while back is anyone out there still working on this idea. i have been hooked on the idea ever since i heard about it. i know they said it might not work to good for cutting out cranks but i would still like to learn how to make one ,any help would be great
Here's a good place to start. http://www.tackleunderground.com/index.php?page=10&mode=article&k=20

If you are interested in a CNC try checking out this site.positivelow.com..Great little machine,but a little pricy for just cutting bills.You may want to see if anyone may be intrested in making some for you,if you can send them a model.Or Harbor Freight sells a real nice 12 ton pess if you can get a die cut at a machine shop.This too can run into some serious cash though.

Had a few tools left over from a previous hobby, namely a rounded end punch for ctting leather belts. Took a piece of 1/16 lexan that I ripped it to width, centered the punch and hit it with a hammer. It cut like butter and with a bare minimum of sanding it was done. I tried it in a vice and it was much smoother. Leather companies sell them in a lot of different profiles and widths. Cheap and clean.

Jerk