champ

Spoon tooling

All you would really need to cut spoons yourself would be a (large) hyrdraulic press, preferably automatic (power) and a few dies to get you cutting spoons. You would also need a large quantity of plate in the thickness and metal you want to use (I like brass for spoons). Add paint and terminal tackle and you're done.

I am a Tool and die worker and can tell you tooling such as a stamping die can be costly.Prices have come down due to economy so now is a good time to do it.Try to find a smaller die shop,ussually lower overhead and cheaper prices.I would contact a spoon company and find out who builds their dies,such as Stinger,Dreamweaver,Northport etc.Good luck!

Tom

Sorry,I build molds not dies.

Just to let you know I just spent $100 on one single die to make one spoon at a time. I still have to make or get made the forming die. I also waited 4 months to get the thing made. It is not a simple thing to get made and then you have to find a place to plate the things if you go that way. The plating shop here have a min opening order. Just food for thought. Good luck hope all goes well.