BowfinBoy95

using nailpolish as lure paint

ive recently noticed that nail polish would make a great lure paint if covered with epoxy. while the idea seems terrific, why dont more people do it? im assuming there is a drawback? some of the metallic colors that nailpolish is available in are just phenomenal. if its a mistake to try it let me know!

I use nail polish on my jigs. Colors are pretty good but it takes multiple coats for it to stick. I need to find a white base for them then apply color. My favorite nail polish (did I really just say that?) is the NYC stuff. You can find it at target & other fine stores for about a buck a bottle. They get the nice flourescent colors. Sally hansen's is good as well (Do I really know two nail polishes by name?).

For flies I use Sally Hansen's hard as nails with nylon as head cement and in place of epoxy for some flies. Put a couple coats on and that stuff is bulletproof!

You should see the looks I get when I'm looking at the nail polish. I've actually had to ask if they carry chartreuse...

Ken

I use nail polish on my jigs. Colors are pretty good but it takes multiple coats for it to stick. I need to find a white base for them then apply color. My favorite nail polish (did I really just say that?) is the NYC stuff. You can find it at target & other fine stores for about a buck a bottle. They get the nice flourescent colors. Sally hansen's is good as well (Do I really know two nail polishes by name?).

For flies I use Sally Hansen's hard as nails with nylon as head cement and in place of epoxy for some flies. Put a couple coats on and that stuff is bulletproof!

You should see the looks I get when I'm looking at the nail polish. I've actually had to ask if they carry chartreuse...

Ken

I am really starting to worry about you Ken! Might need to send you the DVD collection of "The Man Show"! :lol: