Shmang

Sweet Potato Color

Got an order from LC yesterday. I got some sweet potato color in and it creates more of an amber type hue. Do I need a ton of drops to get the real or true color? Did i not shake it up enough?

I did not get a chance to really fool with it too much last evening so I have some more experimenting to do. I just wanted to make sure it was not a color issue or something I failed to do.

I was going to add black flake, green, maybe some red flake--any other "must have" colors I need to consider?

Thanks and take care,

Shmang

Normally, with no salt added, 3 or 4 drops per ounce of plastic will give you color saturation. Meaning the color won't get any darker or more true than it is at that point.

Some colors look completely different in the bottle than when they're added to plastic. You may have to experiment a little and mix up a color to your liking.

Also, add one or two 1/4-20 nuts to the bottle. It helps to mix the color, sort of like the ball bearing in a can of spray paint.

As far as what colors get the basics: Black, White, Red, Blue and Yellow.

You can lighten and darken most colors with black and white to adjust to your liking, as well as mixing an amazing amount of different colors from these primary colors.

As far as "must have" colors, pretty soon you'll want them all!

:D

Like Al said...

I've added it to pearl or yellow pearl and floured salt with nice results.

A great color when laminated to translucent watermelon/.040 black flake/ mix. Your lams are great - give it a try.

(Wonder how yam laminated to purple with marigold and green flake would look; or yam laminated to pearl; or laminated to green pumpkin with seed; or laminated to light smoke with gold, marigold and black flake ?)

lam_of_yam_and_watermelon_seed.jpg

1345_thumb.attach