Husky

Printing on foil question.

I did some quick reading on the web :D It seems that foil need some type of chemical to help the ink bond. All the sites I looked at mentioned that their foil is coated with a clear acrylic?

Here's a link that sells 'foil adhesive' for inkjet printers. You can get in whole sheets, but it's waaayyyyy expensive. I think it was like $4 per sheet 8O

http://www.rippedsheets.com/inkjet/silver.html

I did some quick reading on the web :D It seems that foil need some type of chemical to help the ink bond. All the sites I looked at mentioned that their foil is coated with a clear acrylic?

Here's a link that sells 'foil adhesive' for inkjet printers. You can get in whole sheets' date=' but it's waaayyyyy expensive. I think it was like $4 per sheet 8O

[url']http://www.rippedsheets.com/inkjet/silver.html[/url]

Dude, I'm from New Hampshire. We throw nickles around like they're manhole covers. I'm looking for a cheap way out, here. B) There has to be a way to pull this off. Dang, they look purdy.... :rolleyes:

Hey Husky, did you notice the spray in that link I gave you? It was a separate link. They make a special spray to keep the ink from smearing. That might help?

I did, Jake. I just thought there was an easy way out. It would ahve been sweet to print the foil with no problems, though

Bear with me please, I'm posting as I go along. I used a hair dryer on the print, sprayed the back with adhesive and applied it to a plug with a round plastic pen. This is what it looks like so far. I top sprayed the other print to see how it takes to the clear spray now that it has been dried.

Does anyone else want to play? :rolleyes:

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

dscf0002_151.jpg

1343_thumb.attach

It looks good enough till now. I had the same problem with the aluminium fol. It's hard to stick it on the bait so that it remains smooth.

I wanted to try printing on aluminium foil, but was to afraid that the printer would rip it all over. I thought of gluing the ends on regular paper, but i'm still afraid :)

Did you glue it or did you use tape that has glue on both sides?? Did you stick just the ends of the foil on the paper??

What did you spray it after you hayrdried it?? :D And please don't tell me the brand because it does no good. Tell me what it contains, because wallmart is to farr for me :lol:

By the way !! Just bought my airbrush and started painting with it. It's hard to get started with it, but my first ones came out better than expected. I have a spare week or so, and will do some experimenting myself.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

It looks good enough till now. I had the same problem with the aluminium fol. It's hard to stick it on the bait so that it remains smooth.

I wanted to try printing on aluminium foil' date=' but was to afraid that the printer would rip it all over. I thought of gluing the ends on regular paper, but i'm still afraid :)

Did you glue it or did you use tape that has glue on both sides?? Did you stick just the ends of the foil on the paper??

What did you spray it after you hayrdried it?? :D And please don't tell me the brand because it does no good. Tell me what it contains, because wallmart is to farr for me :lol:

By the way !! Just bought my airbrush and started painting with it. It's hard to get started with it, but my first ones came out better than expected. I have a spare week or so, and will do some experimenting myself.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:[/quote']

Cellephane tape along all 4 sides. Make sure it lays perfectly flat and print it as dark as you can in the photo paper mode. I used a clear spray paint. I'm not at home now, but it's just a generic clear. I hope that helps.

Thanx. That cellfane !! NEVER HErd of it. I believe it has glue on both sides and is very thin or something like that. I'll try glueing it to the paper, because anyway it will break even where it's taped to the paper(at least that's how i see it).

That clear spray paint is some kind of acrilic spray or something like that or it does not matter??

I'll get back to you when i'll try my first one like that. I'll try takeing some pics.

Hope will see your finished work!

Hey Husky' date='

What computer program are you using to edit your fish pictures? I would like to get a good photo editing program but I'm not sure what to buy.

Thanks,

Gator_Fan[/quote']

GF,

I use MS Publisher for the finished product, as it allows me to proportionately size the pics and has a ruler so you can see exactly the length and width of the pic as you size it.

I use MGI photo Suite to play with the sharpness and color first.

Both are old programs and I'm sure ther is one that does it all. The good friends here at TU will surely point you in the right direction.

Thanx. That cellfane !! NEVER HErd of it. I believe it has glue on both sides and is very thin or something like that. I'll try glueing it to the paper' date=' because anyway it will break even where it's taped to the paper(at least that's how i see it).

That clear spray paint is some kind of acrilic spray or something like that or it does not matter??

I'll get back to you when i'll try my first one like that. I'll try takeing some pics.

Hope will see your finished work![/quote']

Savacs,

This is the tape I use. It is a one sided tape.

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

scotch.jpg

1344_thumb.attach

With foil, you can print on it BUT, you must heat dry the Ink. that will keep it from smearing, BUT BUT.. The only clear I had reacted with the ink, causing it to literally fade away. If one of those photo "Fixatives" i.e. Bulldog or the other one I mentioned work, than maybe this process can be done. As Of now, I'm unable to go further.