Spike

Gold Glitter Bleeding?

Spike,

Where did you get the glitter from?

Three things I see happening:

1. The plastic got too hot and if it passes a certain degree of heat, the plastic will change color to a different shade of the same color being used.

2. When the plastic gets way too hot, it will make bleed any glitter.

3. The glitter isn't for bait pouring, specially if you got it from places like Michael's, Wal-mart, etc, which are not intended to withstand heat.

I got the glitter from Del. It is the fine size. I think I might have overheated the plastic a little. I had 20 drops of electric blue in about 4 oz of plastic. Just before I poured the burner got red hot, not sure why, I already had the burner going long enough to get the plastic close to being hot enough to pour. I caught it right away and pulled the plastic off but it must have been to late. Up to that point the plastic was still too thick to pour. I did add the glitter just before I poured the baits. I think that is when the color changed the most. It was hard to tell because I put a lot of glitter in, about half of a plastic spoon in 4 oz of plastic. Oh well I'll just have to try again. Although the color I ended up with looks great, it just wasn't what I was trying for. Thanks for the tips.

Spike