savacs

my latest lures+ my first deep divers

(good impression or not)......good has it. Great looking baits.

Have you field tested them? How deep do they run?

It may be just the pictures, but the lip looks a little large to me.

And, the lip eyelet appears too close to the end. I believe I read somewhere that the eyelet should never be closer to the end than

half of the length of the lip. That's why I was curious about how deep and how they run. And, I'm just learning.....as I am just now starting my first bait. That's the real reason for asking the questions.

The shape and paint job looks really great!

Muskie Bob

@ROBZILLA

Yes there is foil on it. On the other one there is foil too, but you can't see it from the picture. Anyway you can only see a slim lyne, just as i wanted. Don't know how deep they go yet, because i only tested them in my bath tub. I believe they'll go at about 10feet or so, because they are sinking. Couldn't make them floating with the wood i use. I couldn;t get my hands on some balsa yet. I don't even know how will i know at aproximataly what depth they'll run.

@Magic Bob

These are my first ones as you may have read. From what i noticed, you can make the lip aproximatelly how long you want(in theory), because the parte of the lip behind the line clip feels to me like it behaves like it would be a paret of the body. As high as you go with the line clip as wider it would wobble, and as low as you go with it on thw lip, the narrower it will wobble.

Some other pics, and better view of the green patern for robzilla! By the way i use acrylics.

The foild one you like is double epoxy coated. It has a layer over the foil, after that i painted it, and added the last epoxy layer. The opoxy i use is kind of thick, but i'll get envirotex next month or so.

dscf0207.jpg

this_is_the_first_trout_patern.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

dscf0207.jpg

better_view.jpg

1363_thumb.attach

1364_thumb.attach

1365_thumb.attach

Hope they don't go that deep. I just want them to go 10 feet, and am satisfied with the result. I'll se how it'll go. The depthe depends on the line out too, not only on the lip of the lure. They don't plummit directly into the deep, they plummit progresivly.

I'm very curious wow they will do. I really need to make some floating ones, with those it's easyer to control the depth they go to. With these sinking ones, if i stop the line they go even deeper.

I'm not trolling them. I'm a shore fisherman, but i have some fishing spots with deep water starting exactly from the bank of the river. And i will hopefully fish them succesfully on trout in some deep water lakes.

I won't be able to tell you more about them, until i'll check them out in real waters. Don't know when that's gonna be, because it started snowing again :((, and temperatures will plumit 20 bellow 0 in the nexte days. So i'm gonna be makeing some more lures till the seson begins :)

Hope won't have that problem with the lip. I thought about it, and made some more, just in case it snaps, so i can just put another one on the spot.

How are you makeing your deep divers? Some pictures?(not those with molded lips, with the line clip irectly on the lip----just the plain old deep divers)