Will

Green Pumpkin problems

I found that adding the color prior to heating has helped me reproduce the colors...

I'm with Chris on the Zoom Green Pumpkin...I add 2 or 3 drops of brown and 1 drop of black (for 8oz of plastic) along with the green pumpkin.

I don't care for the Zoom color that much but the fish like it as good as plain old "green pumpkin" out of the bottle :lol: !!

jim

PS I do use 22-24 drops of LC green pumpkin/8oz of plastic which is more than I use of M-F's...only use about 15 drops of their's....

I haven't had any trouble with L. C green pumpkin. The pumpkin color does fade out in the plastic over time though. Has anyone here had the same experience? The biggest problem I had just the other day, was with watermelon brown from M-F. I baught the bigger bottle of w.b and it took almost twice as much colorant ,this time to get the same results, that I had with the last bottles of colorant. I thought that maybe the bottle wasn't mixed enough, so I took an aluminum rod and stirred it up making sure I scraped the bottom of the bottle real good. Threw in two 1/4-20 nuts, shook the crap out of it for ten minutes, and bingo same results as before. It's a little frustrating having to mess around with matching up the colors again, with a new bottle of colorant.

I haven't had any green pumpkin fade on me (yet). Got a few over a year old. MF does have a consistency problem. I am using 3 times as much watermelon now than I was with the previous batch. I haven't tried lurecraft's watermelon. Anyone else got an opinion on which watermelon?

Cal

Some brown LC or MF brown watermelon will stabilize that LC green P. Heat stabilizer will also help, if you are not using it buy some tomorrow.

I used to add LC pumpkin and black to watermelon to try and dupe Zoom w'melon...almost always had a fade issue. Switched to the melon colors from MF with much more happiness and joy :D