Skeeter

Citrus Color

I need some help with a citrus color. I have been told that it is blue stripe and scales over pearl white body with a chartruese stripe shot down the length of the body. It also looks like either a red or orange chin. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. I am going to shoot this color today.

Skeeter

Don't know if these will help Skeeter?

The 2nd one is 'Citrus' by Excalibur. The 1st one is a Norman. Norman used to call this color Citrus. The black pattern on the side is a new addition and it's no longer called citrus :huh: I have some of the original Normans and they don't have quite as much sparkle to them as this picture.

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

norman_citrus.jpg

excalibur_citrus.jpg

1382_thumb.attach

1383_thumb.attach

Bomber has one on their Fat Free that sounds like what you are talking about. It is color code 06 in Bass Pro, or 86 for the regular A's. Unfortunately I am not able to post a picture for you now, nor can I tell you the color under the scales off the top of my head. Hope this helps. :)

Skeeter,

The Original Fat Free Shad color had holographic tape on the sides of the lure. When I was doing repaint work, a client asked if I could reproduce that pattern, Kinda tough without the hologram tape but he was happy with my version Chartreuse belly an shoulders then pearl scale side then blend in the aqua-blue scales over the chartreuse shoulders, orange on the throat ill attach the small pic and put the large in the gallery

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

citrushadsmall.jpg

1384_thumb.attach

Skeeter...have some citrus baits that I just finished this week. Will shoot some pics this weekend and either gallery them or PM you. Think of it like Plemmons with a weird blue and green back. I shoot mine with chart belly, pearl body, chart back, then the blue scales and back stripe. The blue-green mix I have been using is (c-tex) Flo chart:Flo blue:Flo green and kind of blend it with some tinting white, pearl, and some chameleon blue and green. Finished the last ones with a multi crystal flake. Very similar to the Thundershad citrus or Brian's Bees cit plemmons.

For my part at least, pearl is C-tex Pearl White (thinned, extended, and with retarder) shot over a C-tex Pro Flo White basecoat. Thinning and extending lets you shoot thin coats to blend and mix the pearl in with other colors. For other patterns, it will also let you sort of shoot just the pearl pigment (less white) for different accents and hi-lites. Retarder helps with the pearl colors by reducing tip clogging. Hope it helps.

I have a variation of blackjack's that I use. Pearl white body, flo. green shoulders to back, light trans. blue over the back. Flo. yellow down the belly, with flo orange throat and tip of tail. Either a light blue or flo orange shad spot. I prefer the blue, but the bass pro version is orange, and it looks pretty good too. I've been learning alot about colors lately :lol:

Lord have mercy. Thanks for all of the help fellas!! I shot the bait Saturday. I shot the body pearl white then shot the belly a translucent chartruese with an Flo Orange chin. The scales and stripe where shot with a color called Grabber Blue. The picture that I found of the Bandit did not have chartruese shot on the shoulders before the blue. The blue was just shot on the pearl white. This is what I did. I will post a picture of it when I am finished. Thanks to all of you again.

Skeeter