the greek

Bandsaw opinions.

I have a friend that own's a 9" Ryobi. I've used it a couple of times. It's okay. I owned a 9" Delta for over a year and used it a lot. I really enjoyed it but it didn't have the power or cutting height to do any real resawing. However, it did an excellent job cutting out lures. And I have had good luck with the Delta tools that I own.

Gene

All will do fine for cutting out lures. Doesn't require much of bandsaw to cut out lures. They will also do some woodworking stuff but as Lincoya mentioned shouldn't even be considered for resawing. But then those are an entirely different price range. I have the delta.

The smaller band saws are harder on blades because of the sharper turns the blades have to make going around the wheels. 3 wheel saws are even worse because the wheels are smaller. Since you asked for my opinion here it is. I would only purchase a band saw that has at least 14" wheels and 6" or greater throat capacity. Save your pennies for a larger model.

I'm with Nathan 100%. I also have a Craftsman bandsaw for over 35 years and have had no problems with it. I think the bigger bandsaws will perform better only because of the larger wheel where the blade runs on. I haven't gone through alot of blades in all the years I have owned the bandsaw. I sharpen my own blades, though its not cost feasible nowdays. A bandsaw like any other tool needs to be respected but is safe to use if you just use caution and common sense. Routers are only dangerous too if you don't use caution. Good luck with whatever you use and the more you use a tool the better you will get. Ken Schmitz