tbasse01

bait blanks

I have used them with moderate success. I had problems getting the baits totally sealed, some would take in water. I think it was through the bill since that was the only place with a coating of devcon.

I was using testors modeling glue and not MEK, that could make a difference. Whenever I went to a store and asked for MEK I got a blank stare. It's heck when someone who has no clue about what they are looking for asks someone who has no clue as to what they are being asked about!

MEK is available at any decent hobby shop....in there you will find it with the model glues in a glass bottle clear liquid but not named MEK. Tenax and Ambroid proweld are MEK adhesives...While your there save yourself some trouble and buy a Floquil applicator, as using the brush supplied in the bottles will just result in a gooey mess!

Im a former model builder...I assembled all of my models using Ambroid ProWeld. Never used Tenax brand but it's basically the same stuff.

Also want to give this warning....

WARNING!

A little bit of this stuff goes a long way!

It may take a lil pressure to get the surfaces to "bond" together but once they do it's set and can be moved and painted right away...there is no waiting or setup time...other than a few seconds.

This adhesive works by "welding" the plastic/lexan/whatever your using it on together.

It's a lil tricky to get used to in the begining, and you may mess up a little, but once you get used to it....it will all be smooth sailing.