Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oncorhynchus_tshawytscha

Having a problem

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm making crankbaits right now, and the bodies are coming out fine. My problem stems from the fact that I live in College Place/Walla Walla WA, and nobody around here carries Lexan for the lips. Is there an online store, or possibly a substitute I could use for my crankbaits? I have heard of using metal, but I don't know what to use.

Thanks,

Brock

Hey everyone' date='

I'm making crankbaits right now, and the bodies are coming out fine. My problem stems from the fact that I live in College Place/Walla Walla WA, and nobody around here carries Lexan for the lips. Is there an online store, or possibly a substitute I could use for my crankbaits? I have heard of using metal, but I don't know what to use.

Thanks,

Brock[/quote']

Try Home Depot or a local glass store. Someone there has to have it.

22G or 24G Stainless works great but you'll need a Good set of Aviation snips, Carbide or Titanium bits and some fine files. A grinding wheel sure comes in handy.

I use the extra inserts fron tackle boxes ( the little plastic spacers). They are easy to cut with an exacto and shape with a dreml tool. I guess its better than throwing them in the garbage. Plus they are a littl flexable for running into structure in the water.

I ordered a couple sheets from McMaster Carr.com they have a great selection an the order was fast. I think your aways off from them but at least you'll get the right stuff.

www.lairdplastics.com I ordered a 4X8 ft. sheet of .060 (1/16 inch) polycarbonate, had it cut into 2X2 ft. squares, and shipped for around $50.00. They have two locations in Wa. Here is one of them......

Laird Plastics, Inc.

650 South Industrial Way

Seattle, WA 98108

Tel: 206-623-4900

Toll Free: 800-610-1016

Skeeter