Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbasse01

createx gloss clear coat

5 posts in this topic

is createx gloss clear coat good for the finishing coat on lures, applying it 3 to 4 times will it be durable enough or should i just use epoxy

troy

You can use it between coats/details (but will probably be unhappy with it) but not as a clear coat. It is not waterproof, and will not protect the bait or the paint job. Stick with Devcon, E-tex, Flex Coat for you clear coat(s).

Stick with epoxy. I tried their clear coat. Might last a trip or too before the finish looks like crap.

Andrew

will 5 minute epoxy work by lepage ?, I am having a problem finding devcon or e-tex were I live, but they have alot of other epoxies ie. plastic wood/metal ones not sure which to buy

Go with a clear 20 minute set time epoxy, most of the 5 minute varieties yellow with exposure to the sun or age. Also 5 minutes is not enough time to work with alot of the time.

No matter what you decide to use once you have a couple done test them in a window or outside in full sun. Let them sit for a day or two and see how much they yellow or whether they stay crystal clear.

Robert