Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the greek

Lexan

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have a source for lexan thinner than .093 other than ordering or online. I have tried my local glass shops, homies and lowes with no luck.

[quote name='the greek']Anyone have a source for lexan thinner than .093 other than ordering or online. I have tried my local glass shops, homies and lowes with no luck.[/quote]
You guys have to get into Googling! Sometimes it's easier to just order online and pay the freight than pull your hair out, of which I don't have much left.
[url]http://www.google.com/froogle?q=lexan+sheets[/url]

I work for a commercial glazing contractor. We don't deal with the public but use lexan all the time. I buy it from a company called commercial plastics. This is north of Detroit Michigan. I am fortunate enough to just take the scrap from the shop for free.
But just contact a commercial glazing company in your area and they may be able to direct you to a local company. Probaly can't buy from them because of the quantity you would purchase. But the plastic company always have scrap they would sell you.

[url]www.lairdplastics.com[/url] I have ordered a 4X8 ft. sheet of .060 polycarbonate and had it cut into 2 ft. squares and shipped to me for around $50.00. They are very good to deal with. They They have two locations in Wa. Here is one of them.....

Laird Plastics, Inc.
650 South Industrial Way
Seattle, WA 98108
Tel: 206-623-4900
Toll Free: 800-610-1016

Skeeter