Paul Roberts

Soft Plastic Repair

The Pro's Soft Bait Glue does work good. But it's expensive :censored:

The other problem is that the stuff is like water! Each time you tip the bottle it just pours out of the bottle. And unlike regular super glue, you don't have any time to wash it off. It touches your skin and it's dry!

Just a little tip:

Every time that I've used it while on the water, it's went all over my fingers. If you stick your fingers (opened, not touching each other) into the water, it will cure the glue instantly so your fingers don't get glued together, or to the hook, or your boat, or whatever :rolleyes:

Try one of the super glue 'gels'. It helps to keep the plastic soft and you'll save a bundle.

I have also had problems with pro soft glue .

I spilled a little on my pants when I was out fishing (trying to get the stupid brush back in the bottle that glued it's self together) and I got a 3rd deg. burn on my leg. about the size of a quarter or a little bigger. Six monthes later it's still not healed up completely.

SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I complained to Pro soft and they so much as called me a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a very poor business practice.

I spent $80 for a doctors call on this and they refused to pay me back for my losses. For this they get a big :pissed::pissed::pissed:

I have found a much cheaper and better glue BTW

Go to Wally world and get the small tubes of Super glue thick gel. If your baits are clean it glues them very well.

Another option or glue alternative...

Go to any decent hobby shop, ask where they're CA or Super Glues are...

There you should find multiple "formulas" Thin, Medium, Thick. All of these glues have various cure times ranging from 1 second to 25 seconds. Buy the "thick" formula and a small bottle of accelerator. The super slow curing time of the thick formula will allow you enough time to position your bait and repair area properly even after applying the glue, the thick glue also fills gaps and makes a better repair IMO. You can then hit it with the accelerant and poof its instantly cured and ready to use.

I've done the super glue thing and I glued my fingers together more time than I care to remember. It's a real pain in the a** when you're in a tourny and you have to rip your fingers apart. The solution is to bring some acetone with you(oh goody, more things to put in the boat).

I now use one of those micro torches and a thin strip of metal. I hold the metal with my pliers and heat it red hot. Then pass the metal into the break in the plastic, pull it out immediately. Hold the break together for 5 seconds and away you go.

No more messy glues for me. B)

Or......if you're trying to sell your plastics.......tell your customers to throw the torn plastics away! :D

Seriously, I'm with most guys here. The Pro glue is more trouble than it's worth. I'm just as happy with super glue. I don't repair them though........

this is for gluing eyes and such.

Chris

Chris, my point is that I only use the micro jet if I'm on the water and running out of a particular bait. Saving a bait is not worth the loss of fishing time when you are in a tourny. You can't catch a fish if the bait is in your hand. :wink:

The other side of the coin is that if you can't afford to throw away a plastic bait you can't afford to fish. :?